GST has been launched w.e.f 1.7.2017. In order to ensure smooth working of GST across India the following is necessary:
- Smooth working of the I T Network at GSTN.
- Meeting implementation challenges and teething troubles.
- Effective coordination between Centre & State tax administrations.
- Reorganization of field formations.
- Continuous Training of Officials and Trade & Industry.
- Augmentation of human resources.
- Spreading Accounting Literacy.
- Developing IT skills
- Harmonization of processes & procedures between CGST / IGST & SGST Law
- No tinkering of Rates at the State level.
The Government has already extended the dates of return filing for July 2017.
A close watch should be kept on the readiness of IT networks and if need be some more relaxation be given to tax payers.